Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tooth and Nail

Recently I made the somewhat misguided decision that I should take the kids (all three kids) to the dentist. By myself. This was not my best decision. When I originally scheduled it I thought Billy was off and could go with me. He wasn't. And I said "hey, I gave birth to these people, surely I can take them to the dentist". (I wish I had gotten better shots, but all I had was my iPhone obviously and every time I tried to take one someone started acting up.)


It started off good. As in, while we were in the waiting room it was good. (This was their first time going. I know I know...I probably should have taken them earlier.) Once Merrick got into the chair for x-rays it started to go downhill. Let's just say limbs were flying and people were crying (not me, but I thought about it) and I think I'll just learn to clean his teeth myself. Poor guy. I've never minded the dentist but know plenty of people who hate it.

Tizzy really didn't seem to mind. The kiddos are so completely different. She barely even flinched and was joking with the dentist. However she puked in the car on the way home to make up for it. Puke is never fun, but puke in the car after you've just had to pry a 4 year old off your body in the dentist office is even better. She seemed fine after, so i think she was just feeling left out of all the excitement. ;)

4 comments:

Suzanne Parker said...

Oh my word. But you survived! And you're now an official member of the "yes, I'm a little nutso" club.

In Everything said...

We haven't done the dentist with the crew.... been to doctors appt where I'm sure the doctor was thinking "did she bring the neighborhood?" :)

I think the fact that you held it together and that some teeth might have been clean means it was a good trip;)

ANd hopefully Tizzy car incident was random.... I'm sure it was definitely NOT very helpful to the MOmma-stress level after the dentist:)

Gina Kleinworth said...

I hear ya! I always try to schedule them all together because I hate having to make multiple trips into town. But when they were little it was so hard. Now not so much-

Unknown said...

That doesn't sound fun at all. But those photos with the glasses are pretty cute!!