Monday, April 16, 2012

Dandy-lies


...the radiant dandelion, shining in the grass, like a spark dropped from the sun. / Beecher

It's always funny how when your kids mispronounce something, that's the official name for it around the house. What used to be a dandelion is now "dandy-lies", even when it's just Billy and I talking about them. The kids love finding these; you'd think they were roses instead of weeds that people all over the country spend money trying to get rid of.















When they bring me a bunch of them, so proud of themselves for finding these unappreciated weeds, I kind of think they are roses, too. It's a win-win, since they keep the yard free of them in the process. It's the little things. ;)










The first shot is for Macro Monday Monday.


Check out more shots at Monday Rewind, and And Then She Snapped



14 comments:

Lea said...

Those dandy-lies do make good photos, especially with kids!
Happy Macro Monday!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Mary Gene Atwood said...

OH those are so beautiful!!!

Andrea said...

Gorgeous macros!! I love dandelion shots. Always have, always will. :)

Kim Cunningham said...

She is so cute! I have yet to see a dandelion this year!! Would love to capture one in Macro too. Love the details in yours.

Iza said...

Great post processing on those dandelion images- the first one has beautiful colors.

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW- those are GORGEOUS!!!! So well captured.

Melanie said...

LOVELY! LOOOVE the last shot!!

Unknown said...

She is super adorable.

Pat said...

Beautiful shots!

Unknown said...

Ahhh.. Such great shots.. She is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers.

Sonya Marie said...

oh my lanta!!!! These shots are perfect!!!! And SOOOO beautiful the colors!!!! Are phenomonal!!!

rachel said...

i really love these. the first one I love the processing, and the last one...the SMILE! so adorable.

Unknown said...

That first one is absolutely perfection! And of course the last one is pretty much awesome as well! :)