Friday, April 27, 2012

I don't usually act like this.

I've never thought of myself as the type of person who gets star struck. I like to think I'm putting famous people in their place by acting like they aren't so fancy. Oh you're who? Probably some psychological reason for this...but I'll think about that later. ;) (Oh, and sorry for the not-so-hot pics. I only had my iPhone with me...the 5D is not allowed to go to concerts.)




Anyway, since we have been married Billy and I have become big fans of the band Shinedown. We both love their music, and one of their songs we consider "our song" and Billy has part of it tattooed on his back. We go to their concerts anytime we get a chance, and were able to go to our third one Tuesday night.


I consider myself an expert at what I call "crowd wiggling"...which is a nice way to say I am good at butting in front of people without them realizing it. I managed to wiggle our way all the way up to the front railing so that we were as close as we could get to the band. This was Billy's bday present from my family and I wanted to get him (and me, of course) as close as possible.


The concert was awesome, they put on a great show as always. I acted like a crazed fan more than I'd like to admit and got to touch Eric Bass's (the bass player) guitar and was thiiisss close to touching Brent Smith's (lead vocals) hand. The railing just got in the way. I think if I got to meet them I would definitely make a total giggling fool of myself. I'm a sucker for good rock n' roll, so I guess my celebrity-snobbery does have its limits.


  

Check out more shots at Oh Snap, Photo Friday, Fabulous Friday.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had fun.. Your photos turned out pretty good for a iphone.

Unknown said...

Look like a great time! I totally understand how easy it is to get star struck when you are right there in the mix of it all! :)