Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Merrickism

My oldest always says things that make me laugh. The way he comes out with things...and the way he words things...hilarious. I've even deemed these phrases "Merrickisms" and if I tweeted them as often as they happen I'd make a nuisance of myself even more so than I usually do. ;)


Speaking of Merrickisms, yesterday at breakfast he came out with a doozie. I overheard him explaining to his little sister that Jesus died and rose again in a tuna. I believe he meant the "tomb", and I also believe he has his Jesus and his Jonah mixed up. I nearly spit out my coffee...and then laughed until I cried. He was totally serious about this.


Later on that same morning I noticed he had started calling his little brother "J-Buzz-Lightyear". Such a big name for such a little guy. Merrick informed me that "J-Buzz-Lightyear" was awake and ready for his breakfast. He's so helpful. Speaking of his new brother, he also thanked me for "getting this new brother out of my tummy".


A few more before you go? He is not so great at taking his naps anymore, but he does have to have quiet time in his room. And quiet is used very loosely. When I questioned him about all the noise and lack of sleep recently he gave me several reasons for this, my favorite being he had gas...in his eye. Oh, and that there were ants outside his window swinging in their webs. Ants these days.




Check out more shots at Wild Wonderful Wednesday, and Wordless Wednesday.
The next to last shot is for Give Me Your Best Shot, This or That, and Show Off, and the last shot is for Texture Thursday.

12 comments:

Tara said...

hahaha! I LOVE THESE! So adorable!

Susan Kimmel said...

great pictures...he is so cute and i love reading about his Merrickisms :) Life is never boring with him eh? :P

*Jess* said...

he makes me giggle :)

Unknown said...

That is so cool that you are blogging about all his funny sayings. When they grow up you forget. Or at least I did.. You have it on record. So cool.. He is to cute!

Hugs~

Mari said...

Love, love all the shots! Such talent. Just wanted to stop by and encourage you to stop by and submit your photos to our 12 days of capturing motherhood through your lens photo challenge: http://inspiredbyfamilymag.com/2012/04/15/mommy-moments-photo-challenge-has-begun/
Great prizes to be won or you can do it just for fun!
Mari

Unknown said...

I love that he gave his baby brother such an awesome nickname and the Jesus/Jonah mix-up is hilarious!!!

The shot of him laying in the grass is my favorite, for the moment... ;)

Brooke said...

Oh dear, he is as smart and funny as he is cute :D Love these!!!

deb duty said...

Those dandelion photos are fabulous! He is so cute and I love that he thanked you for getting his brother out lol!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Love it. I need to start writing down what Dustyn says.

Meg said...

Merrick is a trip! It always cracks me up with some of the stuff that pops out of these little guys mouths!

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

Boys are too funny, great outfit choice too.

Unknown said...

That kid totally rocks my socks of... he is the highlight of many a twitter day for me ;)