Recently I've started using the hashtag #amomslife for when something truly ridiculous happens in a day in the life over here. Perfect example: The other day, Jericho needed a prescription refill for his nebulizer. (Ever since he had RSV as an infant every time he gets a cold he gets all wheezy, and the doctor said to hook a kiddo up when that happens.) So we all ran to Walmart on the way home from the gym. As we were getting out of the van I smelled the very distinct smell of dirty diaper. No biggie, we'll just change it.
I realized, however, as I'm getting J out of his seat that the dirty diaper wasn't just in the diaper. It was all over his clothes and his car seat. Awesome. So I scrounged around in the diaper bag for a change of clothes. All I could find was one of Tirzah's outfits, of course it was a ruffled pink shirt and shorts. I decided he needed to get his meds, so we were going for it. Pink ruffles and all.
We get all cleaned up and go into Walmart, that only took 15 minutes. Get in there, wait in line, hand over the papers, and they tell me they don't have that medicine in stock. That's about when I started twitching. So we packed it back up, pink shirt and all, and headed to another store. Thankfully they had it, we just had to wait 20 minutes while they filled it. Plenty of time for the kiddos to run over my ankles 3,582 with the mini carts they found.
It is safe to say, by the time we finally got home and get the kiddos down for naps, I needed one myself. At least it makes for a good story. Next time we need a prescription filled I'll be sure to find a babysitter.
1 comment:
Yep, sounds like a mom's life alright!
Post a Comment