Friday, September 7, 2012

Hint, Hint

The other day the hooligans and I were at Walmart picking up some important items such as cookie dough (my staple food), when we came across a hint that fall is surely right around the corner. I'm no huge fan of chillier weather approaching as anyone who's known me for .5 seconds knows...but...this stuff is one of my favorite fall items. I tried to not buy it, but the hooligans are like sharks with blood in the water. They noticed my tiny reaction to seeing candy and were all "CAN WE PLEASE GET IT?!" even though they didn't know exactly what it was.


Since we were in the fall spirit, I decided to ask the hooligans if they knew exactly what Fall was. Merrick said": "Yeah. It's when nothing can stay up the trees. They just...fall." Profound as always. ;) Tirzah's contribution was the typical loud, "YEAH." in agreement. They kill me. So we marched around the yard and found a few specimens of things that can't stay up the trees. Pickings are still a bit slim, which is ok by me. But I'm sure now that I've made note of it, the hooligans will be sure to point out any and all things falling from trees.

4 comments:

Janna Lynn said...

Now I want some candy corn. Your hooligans are precious. At least fall is pretty and has good holidays, even if I'm NOT a fan of the cold (but it doesn't compare to the cold torture of winter!). Miss you.

Susan Kimmel said...

They are so sweet! :) love the simple answer of fall from M :) hoping fall weather comes out here to texas! i may have to live vicariously thru u and your pictures :P)

*Jess* said...

I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like candy corn :) I've passed my hatred down to my kids, too. :P

Unknown said...

I don't even buy candy corn. I will sit and eat the whole bag. What an adorable post. You kiddos are to cute.

Hugs~