When people are talking about what they are thankful for, often you hear someone say, "It's the little things." For me, while I am thankful for little things, I'm especially thankful for the silly things. The things that come with raising three small children, and spending enough time with people who are little things, that it all starts to be a bit hilarious. Not sure if that's the exhaustion talking or I'm just learning to truly apprecaite life as it is. Either way, as we approach this delicious holiday and I plan on being in a carb coma and not communicating here for a day or so, thought I'd share a few of the "silly things" I'm thankful for.
I'm thankful for the hilarious ways that I find my children sleeping. It makes me laugh, and never ceases to give me something to update facebook with. (Tirzah had fallen asleep in the van, and I brought her in and put her in the floor and she literally never flinched. Jericho even scooted over to pull on her hair...still nothing.)
I'm thankful for Merrick's goofy way of doing things. We roasted marshmallows at my mom's the other night, and while everyone was getting theirs lightly toasted, Merrick immediately set his completely on fire. He then proceeded to freak out and wave it around nearly lighting several aunties on fire. We did put it out successfully, no worries.
I also love how my kids (and my husband...if you can find him in this shot) love to wrestle each other. And I mean they seriously get into it. There are bodies flying all over the house. I also love their facial expressions, and the opportunities to photograph them for future blackmail. Tirzah was definitely out for blood as she kicked her brother in the head.
I'm also thankful for silly interruptions when I'm trying to take a bath. (Left picture. They were supposed to be downstairs playing with their daddy and busted into the bathroom with swords. Bathing is dangerous business in this house.) And I'm thankful for Jericho's ridiculously cute "gap teefers" as we call them. I mean, I could pretty much eat him for thanksgiving dinner. But then again, I do have my pick of turkeys around here. Pretty thankful for the silliness they add to the everyday. Happy thanksgiving to you and yours!
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving to your family :)
Post a Comment