Every time we say we are going to the park the kiddos assume it will involve playgrounds and things of that nature. The few times I've dragged them to a nearby nature park (that does have a playground in another area) they've really, really, gotten mad at me. It's like they look at me and say, "Mom, how can we ever trust you again? This is no park." It takes hours of explaining every time to get them to understand what a park is.
They always have fun once they get there. Merrick ran and played and climbed on all kinds of things. He only almost knocked one person unconscious with a rock. Tirzah didn't fall once, despite her best efforts of walking on the edges of sidewalks and missing steps and getting as close to the edges of fishponds as possible without actual swimming.
There were lots of photo opportunities, and also lots of babies running away from photo opportunities.
I even got in a few of the pictures. That never happens. Yet another reason I need to invest in my own wide angle lens, (this one is my sister's) because one day my kids won't ask "was mom on any of these family outings?"
I guess it's too much to ask that we have great weather, family time at the park, and a picture where everyone is looking at the camera. I'm happy that everyone is at least in this one, and 4 out of 5 isn't bad I don't think. These customers don't pay very well anyway. ;) Hope you are enjoying the Spring weather like we are!












No comments:
Post a Comment