Friday, April 12, 2013

Skipping

We rarely skip church, we love going, but last Sunday -after a week of crazy- we kind of just decided we needed a break from doing anything. We slept in, I went running (not relaxing to some, but always chills me out), ate Cheez-its and sat outside on the porch. 


And while we were recharging and "skipping' some things, it seems the weather skipped Spring and went straight to Summer. Which is totally fine with me. I could have Summer all year and be ok. The kids are a little unadjusted though, but they will get the hang of it. (I'm sure we will have a little bit more of a cool down before it stays hot, too.)


It was good to just enjoy a relaxing day at home, especially in light of the fact that I now have the plague and have been a zombie during part of this wonderfully-weathered week. (I rarely get sick, thank God, but when I do? I do it with a bang. Fitting of my personality, I guess. Go big or go home.) I have dragged the kids outside though in spite of the hacking and sniffling...so maybe all the sunshine will fry it out of my system asap.


I think skipping things now and then is healthy, and I'm glad we had the chance to enjoy some quiet time and home with nowhere to go and nothing to do. I think, just like this awesome weather, it's been far too long since that happened.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

Feel better soon! I'm loving the 80 degree summer like weather in SC. I hope its here to stay! Your hubby's tattoos are awesome! If I had a bit more funds, I'd totally get another one.

Unknown said...

We went right to summer here as well. So glad to hear you getting in some down time. Its good for the soul..

Hugs~