Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cheeto Bandito

Jericho refuses to talk, as we all know. He has no problem getting the things he wants, however. Here he was caught stealing his brother's Cheetos.



The other day he showed me how well he understands what I'm saying, even though he refuses to tell me what he wants. First I told him he needed his diaper changed. I turn around and realize he's gone and laid down in his usual diaper-changing location with the wipes. Then he decided it was snack time, so he brings me a bag of Tostitos and sets it on the table where I was working, He repeatedly poked the clip holding it shut, and grinned at me like, "Come on, Mom. I know you know how this works." This baby loves some chips. It offered me some reassurance that, at least, he knows what I'm saying. He's just the strong silent type.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

If his receptive language is good, that means you can rule out some speech delay issues. If he's not talking by 18 mo, though, I'd have him evaluated for Apraxia of Speech. :) Gotta do the public service announcement since we know all about delays over at these parts ;P