Always thought Merrick would be the first to get stitches. (It was actually Jericho.) Also thought I'd be there to hold them when it happened. (Not over an hour away in the middle of shooting a wedding.) Also thought it would be because of a typical hooligan stunt. (It was a dog. I really, really, really hate dogs. I've never been a fan, but this kind of seals the deal.) My poor sweet J-Hawk got bit on the elbow by a dog, and he now has matching stitches with his most favorite toy in the world, his dog-headed blankie. Isn't it ironic? And a lot sad.
He was so tough through the whole thing, and I'm glad his daddy was there taking care of him. This morning he's got a little fever, so I was worried all over again, but there doesn't seem to be an infection. We've called the doctor again, either way. Think we will be spending this holiday doing lots of snuggling on the couch with our baby and his dog...the one that's stuffed and has no teeth, that is. ;)

1 comment:
You would think J is one of my own kids considering the wrath I am feeling right now for this dog (and owner!!!) and I *am* a dog lover. A dog that bites is a serious problem. Dogs that can't be trusted around children just shouldn't be around kids at all. I hope he will not be traumatized against dogs from now on :( And kudos to your husband for handling everything. I would have freaked out not being there!
Post a Comment