I love taking walks with the hooligans in the evenings. If the weather is nice after dinner we hop in the stroller and roll out. Well, they hop in the stoller. I push all 90 combined pounds of them for about a mile. It's a good workout since our route is not really flat. I do wish our stroller was more conducive to pushing three kids up hills; it's no all-terrain deal. But it's got wheels, so it works.
The other night we had stopped by Billy's store for dinner. It was kids' night, so they all left with sticky ice cream mustaches and these, um, ABSURD hats. ;) I tried to avoid the hats, but they wanted them, and I decided it was a good lesson in "get over yourself, mom", so paper straw hat looking things were worn on our walk. (Keep in mind there are plenty of cars and walkers/runners on our route, so it's not like we are inconspicuous.
They also smuggled weapons on our walk. They are plastic, calm down. So many a bird met it's tragic end in that mile of strolling. The guns make lots of fun clicking noises too, which just adds to the spectacle that is me, pushing 3 loud children wearing odd paper hats, down the road. I think since I've had kids I've really come a good way towards not taking myself so seriously. I mean, how could I? ;)
We also make lots of pitstops to smell the flowers, per Tizzy's request. We have to smell them on the way out and back. Because they surely smell different coming from different directions. On this particular walk we found honeysuckle that was growing by the road, so I took a few minutes to teach the hooligans how to get the honey out. They were big fans, so I'm sure there will be more pitstops here in the future. Hopefully just without the hats. ;)



2 comments:
Kids sure have a way of helping us lose our self-consciousness. LOL! Your kids are growing so fast. I've missed reading about them (I have had major computer issues, replaced the computer with a new one which blue screened sent it back and it still blue screened and then it CRASHED completely-UGH).
Your to funny.. I can just picture you guys strolling the neighborhood.
Hugs~
Post a Comment