Merrick loves to pick out his own clothes. I'm not sure how other moms handle their kids daily outfits, but I finally gave up the battle of trying to get him to wear things that match. (I guess it helps that he doesn't go to school...I'm not as worried about him scaring his teacher into believing he is homeless.)
He also loves to wear clip-on ties. No collar necessary, as you can tell. He will clip them on any old t-shirt. And we must never be without our belt. This is kind of the same as the ties, in that no belt loops are necessary. He will just loop it around his gym shorts. Classy. (The picture below is him in his t-shirt, belt and tie, trying to go all Mr. Miyagi on the fly on the carpet.)
And recently, as if the collarless ties and loop-less belts aren't enough of a fashion statement, he's taken to purposefully wearing mismatched socks. In the next picture he is not only wearing mismatched socks, but one of them is Jericho's sock that fit him a little better than you'd think, since Jericho is Bigfoot. I almost lost it with that one, but then decided it gave me a good excuse to stop worrying about socks that come through the dryer without a match. He obviously doesn't care if they match...so I can find better things to do than hunt for lost socks...like wonder if he is colorblind. ;)



1 comment:
How funny. When I was a pre-school teacher I always loved to see the kids who came to school who dressed themselves. The moms would always say it just wasn't worth the fight and just gave in. I love that they gave in cause I think the kids have a style all there own. Let them go with it...
Hugs~
Post a Comment