I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I got old enough to have 3 kids, and have an 8 year wedding anniversary. What in this world? I am not one of those girls who is all finicky about getting older. I may be a little scared of the big 5-0, but 30 wasn't a big deal. It does seem weird though, when you look in the mirror and see someone older (and hopefully wiser!) than what you see in your heart...ya know? I still think of myself as a kid, and almost keep expecting someone to tell me I'm not mature enough for this life I'm living.
I've been blessed with a husband who couldn't care less about aging. I'm pretty sure I could look like the wicked witch with another 50 pounds to carry around and he wouldn't notice. He's a keeper. Another reason he is a keeper? He loves me even though I frequently act like the wicked witch. (Yesterday was a tough day for various reasons that I will passively aggressively leave off this post, *snort* and I definitely had a few tantrums that he lovingly smoothed out.) AND he gives me an anniversary present to replace the beloved anniversary present just like it (given to me several anniversaries ago) that I accidentally killed. *He also apparently loves me in spite of my black thumb, and lack of cooking skills.*
So all this rambling just to say, I'm blessed and covered in grace, (from my husband and the God who gave him to me) and it's totally undeserved. Which in a way is the best, because then I know I don't have to be or do anything to keep it. I hope that as we age together, and as our marriage ages, we do so with grace. I am thankful for these undeserved gifts -plants, husbands who get it, mind-blowing grace- and want to spend every day between the next 80 anniversaries remembering the wonder in all I've been given. Happy 8th anniversary, Ace! I love you!






No comments:
Post a Comment