We have been interested in homeschooling for awhile, and this last year we did preschool at home with Merrick. It was pretty laid back, since I think he and I both needed to ease into it. It went pretty well. We had our rough spots, but for the most part he seemed to really enjoy it. He would often ask "when are we going to do school?"
It was encouraging to see so many people, getting homeschooling done so many different ways. I'm glad there's so much freedom in teaching at home; looking forward to lots of hands-on learning and field trips full of real-life learning. It gave me a little more confidence that maybe, just maybe, I won't ruin my kids when I try to teach them at home. ;)


1 comment:
We're planning to homeschool Callie if we can at all, mostly because I just don't trust the quality of education in the public school system. It's a little scary...I want her to have the social experience of a public school because I think that's important, but I'm not willing to sacrifice her education to do it.
Best to you in this adventure!
Post a Comment