I know that everyone sees Fall in a different way. Some like it for the lattes, some like it for the sweaters, some like it for the 'I'm not sweating' factor, some like it for the football (me me me!!!), and then there's those crazy ones of us who like it for the running. Summer is my favorite season by far...but you cannot beat a good Fall run. (Or Spring...Spring is good too...so colorful.) Summer is really not great for running obviously because humidity is like running through wet cement while in a sauna. Gah. One day this summer while running I had my first near-death experience. Ok, maybe not that bad, but I did have to stop and sit down. I don't sit down pretty much ever...much less while running.
Admittedly I've been doing a lot of random mid-run stopping to take pictures. I know people who pass me wonder what the heck as I stand on the side of the road in my running gear taking pictures with my iPhone, but 'we can't stop...and we won't stop.' (Oh Miley...get your catchy songs out of my head.)
One of our friends from church told me they actually saw me taking the above picture, and wondered why anyone would want a picture of their feet. It's a legitimate question. It's one of my favorite types of running shots. (Cuz I know you all want to see my feet and the scenery, right?) I think subconsciously I do this to prove that I was actually running, not just out wandering the neighborhood in running attire taking pictures. I was sweating...see?
As gorgeous as the Fall running is, and how much I typically hate to see any run end, this last shot is one of my favorite Fall running views. The "finish line", where there is always cheering babies waiting for me. The hooligans are usually a pretty colorful sight to come home to, even without the leaves. ;)






3 comments:
I wish I could say that I love running as much as you do, but I don't. I still haven't stepped out to run outside. GA was too hot-all the time. Here, the people drive like maniacs and I am scared I'll get run over. LOL. Or better yet, fall on the uneven ground and break my ankle. ACK. Excuses. But I'll think about you today as I am running-on my treadmill in the garage enjoying the cooler temps of fall my own way.
Who would want to see a foot shot.. LOL. Your writing always makes me smile.
I always love your running photos on IG! And I find it hilarious that some people don't know about taking photos of your feet in places... doesn't everyone do that? ;)
Post a Comment