This past weekend was pretty great. We had an ideal "lazy" Saturday. For years, literally our entire marriage, someone has always worked on the weekends. I used to work every other weekend, and then Billy was a youth pastor and worked both days of the weekend, and then Chick-Fil-A happened and he worked most Saturdays and some Sundays. (Yep...that was meeting day.) So we are kinda not able to get enough of actually being able to sit at home, do what we want, and just spend time together as a family. It's awesome. I mean...we could have sat around in our pajamas all day if we wanted! (We didn't...part of what happens in this family when we are being lazy? Oh, 10 mile runs for me and Billy. -Honestly, it's so relaxing. You should try it!- At different times of course. We try not to leave the hooligans unattended ya know.)
Sunday was a busier day, with several photo shoots for me and church. But it was a gorgeous day for sessions, so I'm not complaining. We also went on a shopping spree (we don't do those around here) and finally replaced everyones holey socks. Believe me...that was a lot of holes. There are a lot of feet around here. While I was putting away said socks, two individuals who will remain nameless (but who obviously incriminated themselves) hacked my Mac and left me these little gifts in the form of selfies.
I'm part proud, and part horrified, that they figured out how to do this. I'm completely horrified that they are already taking selfies. But selfies are just one of those things...we all do it even though we like to laugh at people for doing it.
I could definitely get used to weekends like this past one. What is harder to get used to is the Monday following when everyone wakes up screaming and wanting everything all at the same time and we have a field trip at 9 am and gymnastics this afternoon and how did I forget to go to the store or plan for meals this week and we have no dinner. I always feel like I have a hangover that I still need to sleep off. (If we're being honest I've never had a hangover, so I wouldn't really know what that's like. But I can imagine it feels like a Monday morning.) But, I am grateful for the chance to recharge this weekend, and hoping it'll help carry me through the glaring to-do list. Since I don't think that cereal for dinner is really gonna help much with that. ;)



2 comments:
Ha! Aiden totally ate cereal for dinner so this title made me smile :) There are worse things in the world, that's for sure!
lol! now I want a bowl of cereal ;)
Post a Comment