Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Blog Shmog

So the blog is usually the first thing to fall behind when I get busy. And it's definitely the case right now. But I'm sure you guys can forgive me, right? I mean, I do have 4 kids now. I think that makes me some kind of crazy if I'm correct.
So since at any given point of my day there may be 1) a screaming baby, 2) fighting children, 3) someone climbing something they shouldn't, 4) someone who will surely never forgive me if I don't get them a drink or their 471st snack of the day, my time here is very limited. I think for now I'll just post a few pics of said children, so you can see the evidence and/or cause of said insanity.
This was my first attempt at taking pictures of all 4 kiddos. It went pretty well honestly. It's extremely hard to make sure all of the kids (minus Amaryllis, who is off the hook for now since she can't control where her head goes) are actually looking at the camera, and while doing so do not look 1) angry, 2) depressed, or the most common 3) constipated. It seems like once you get one person's face fixed into something that looks like a genuine smile, you realize a few pictures later another kid has fallen victim to one of the above smile issues and you have to start all over.
I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for us to get settled into a good routine. So far it hasn't been too crazy taking care of 4 hooligans. Amaryllis has been fairly easy on me...but I have had enough babies to know they can lull you into a false sense of security and then whip out the big guns and turn into tiny terrors. But I'm sure she'd never do that...please, Jesus? ;) And the older hooligans are actually pretty helpful if you don't mind spilled juice and people standing on counters and clothes that don't match. Which at this point in my life, where all you want to do is sleep for 8 hours straight, matching clothes seem pretty unnecessary.

3 comments:

*Jess* said...

Just hang in there! And you did great with the pictures!

Julie Danielle said...

Your kids are so cute! Congrats on the newest baby :)

Tara said...

love it! :) You can teach me.. :) well I only have one.. and am not pregnant with the 2nd... YET.. :) but I do feel like i am a whole new world once I do have a second! *which I can't wait for!! :)