Sometimes, a lot of times, after the kids go to bed and I realize it's been forever since I blogged, I sit here and try to blog. And like right now, there really isn't any room left in my exhausted brain for coherent words after another day with 4 children has left my brain a puddle of mush. Tonight was another (yes, another) work till 8pm night for their father. So we had another movie night, and spilled more popcorn all over the floor and broke up more fights over who was in who's spot and who took who's blanket and pillow and I can't see through your head so I'm going to poke you in your eye and make mom wonder why we have movie nights ever in the first place.
I am obviously exhausted while I'm writing this and didn't just delete it against my better judgement. But maybe sometimes my better judgement is to squelched by the desire to tell someone besides the 4 month old that I wish I could sleep as much as she's supposed to but doesn't because she is so ungrateful and has no idea how lucky she is to be a baby who is supposed to sleep all the time. I really don't tell her that, much. And I always tell myself that really, why do I even need to sleep? I mean, I just get interrupted anyway. Kind of like every thought I did have while writing this blog post...interrupted by my child-induced lack of focus. What is up with this blog post anyway? It's terrible. ;)
So in continuing with my jumble of thoughts...I can't wait for next week. I've decided I need a break. From life. (I'm not sure life is really going to GIVE me said break, but I'm not going to take that laying down. Except I'd like to spend some time laying down . So maybe I will take it laying down. So YOU take that, life.) We aren't doing school. I'm not cleaning the house that I clean every week. I'm not making my bed. (Sorry, mom. You taught me better.) I'm maybe not be getting dressed until Thanksgiving. And then I might wear leggings cuz they totally ARE pants, haters. Ok, they are pants if your shirt is long enough. Even my chicken legs are not brave enough for that.
Speaking of chicken legs, I'm so looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. (Even though we don't actually eat chicken on Thanksgiving...but we will be eating lots of things I have so disciplinedly not eaten recently.) I have kicked my own butt and Billy's cleaning up our eating habits and am pretty proud of ourselves. I haven't eaten dessert in weeks, and I'm surprisingly ok with that, thank you 21 Day Fix. Another random terrible blog thought...I loved the 21 Day Fix so much that I started coaching for BeachBody. But I am a terrible salesman so have no fear...I wont try to sell it to you. Or any of the other Beachbody programs. Even though it's awesome. And even though if you are trying to lose any weight or change any eating habits I totally recommend it. Ok, I might try to sell it to you, a little. Just because it is awesome. And I think working out and eating clean are awesome. (But yeah, cake is cool, too.) I said that. Moving on.
I think the only way to end this terrible blog post is to say that I just love all of you that read this. And I'm so glad you read this. And I hope to one day make sense again, and to find my sarcastic whit that is buried under a pile of laundry, and deep profound thoughts that don't involve chicken legs and crushed popcorn on my floor, and to stop blogging about the fact that I'm not sleeping even though I love the 4 reasons I'm not sleeping. So yeah. Terrible blog post - out.







1 comment:
You took your kids to McDonald's and didn't eat any yourself? I just don't have your discipline. I love fast food. I could live without dessert. It's the lack of soda that would kill me. Oh, and Jocelyn doesn't sleep through the night. So I hear ya.
Post a Comment