Thursday, December 8, 2011

Not Gonna Complain

Recently we've had really weird weather for this time of year. It's been really warm. If you know me, you know I hate the cold...so I am loving it. I mean, it does make it a little hard to be in the Christmas spirit, but I think that's a job I can handle. Ya know, listening to Christmas music while it's 70 degrees outside.


I said recently that I haven't had any motivation to actually pick up my big girl camera, as opposed to my iPhone, and take a lot of shots this season. I did get a chance to take some pictures the other day while the kiddos were napping though. I spend so many of their naptimes doing things that need to be done, or cleaning up/doing chores that it was nice to just piddle around and forget the list of things I have waiting for me to do. 


I've really enjoyed decorating our "new" place this season, chilly temps or not. We actually have a good spot for the tree this year, as opposed to our bedroom like last year. It may be a fake tree, a bit on the Charlie Brown side, but I figured with these two kids (and potentially a baby before time to take down the tree) a tree I need to take care of would wait till next year.


I'm also pretty sure that next Christmas, about the time Baby J could be walking, I'm really gonna appreciate the shatter-proof ornaments we got this year. ;)


The first shot is for YouCapture, the second shot is for Texture Thursday, and third is for This and That

16 comments:

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Simply stunning shots... beautiful...love all that bokeh

Susan said...

Oh my, these are just some AMAZING pictures!!

Great job...

Unknown said...

love your photos!!

Christina Klas said...

I love that first shot! It's great! :) (as are all the rest)

Unknown said...

Okay the shot of the tree both in bokeh reflection and regular? STUNNING!! I just love it! Gorgeous shots and yes, good idea on shatter-proof ornaments! :)

Desirae R said...

I love all of these, but that first shot is great!

Seeing Each Day said...

Really love your first shot - there's a lovely feel to it with the viewer standing on the outside.

Chocolate Girl said...

just lovely!

deb duty said...

These are all so beautiful! I really love the first one with the tree in the window.

Stacia said...

Oh, these are all wonderful! I don't think I can pick a favorite, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to steal the perspective on that last one. =>

Gina Kleinworth said...

I think you are planning the right way- we did our artificial tree this year again. I just didn't have the energy to care for a live one this time :)

Stillmary said...

I really loved the first shot ..... and then they just got better and better. You definitely have a gift!

Unknown said...

That last shot is so cool.. I also love how the tree reflects in the window..

Hugs, Linda

Betty Manousos said...

your photography is truly stunnin!
o'm impressed!


happy weekend!
betty

Betty Manousos said...

ooops! i meant to say...stunning!

Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

I love your texture thursday shot!