I recently blazed through all 3 of the Hunger Games books. They were easy reads and kept me really interested, so I was thrilled when I saw they were making a movie. I didn't think I was going to be able to go (can you say ka-ching? Movies are so expensive) but an extremely thoughtful individual saw me whining about it and gave my hubby some money and told him to take me on a date! :)
I really enjoyed the movie, and so did Billy. I thought it was a better book-to-movie than Twilight, which has always been a bit cheesy (even though I love it) and I'm hoping they'll put the other two books on the big screen, too. (Anyone know if that's in the works?) As always...book > movie, but I thought it was really well done. If you saw the movie and/or read the books what did you think?
Check out more shots at Wild Wonderful Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday,
13 comments:
Loved the movie! I actually loved it more than the book. Gasp... But true.
We read the first book for Book Club last year some time before the 3rd book was even released. Let me just tell you how frustrating it is reading the first two books and waiting for the third to come out! Madness! I haven't seen the movie yet... we need to coordinate babysitters and all that jazz.
I read all three at the end of last year and loved them. I was surprised. I had it in my mind that they were teen books (haven't read the Twilight series for that reason, I like to buck the trend, ha ha). I just saw the movie last night and thought that they did a really good job on it. It was great! Glad you got to see it. Oh, and I'm a treadmill reader too. :)
treadmill reading... I am going to have to adjust to it, I have tried, but hated it, but if I can get used to it, I would love it!
I loved the books, I just wish so much didn't happen to Katniss! :( But I AM DIEING TO GO SEE THE MOVIE!!!!! Thursday is me and my hubby's date night to go see it!! Can't wait!
I am the only person on the planet that has not read these books. I just have so many non-fiction ones stacking up that I have yet to get to. I do read while I am on the recumbent bike- IF the kids will leave me alone long enough to get 2 sentences into it. :)
I liked the movie but loved the book more. There were just little things that were different or not even mentioned that bothered me. For example, the mockingjay pin. If you read the books you would know Katniss didn't get it from her sister. Also, they didn't even talk about the girl that was her servant (I forget what they actually called her) that had had her tongue cut out. They talked about it alot in the book just figured it would be in the movie. Now I know that I'm "nitpicking" and realize things have to be omitted for the sake of the movie not taking 4 hours. ;)
The second one is in the works :)
Love the books so much better...liked the extra President Snow stuff in the movie, but still love the books best! :)
I get to go tomorrow! I can't wait.
Fun. I want to read them and see the movie.
Sounds like fun.. After hearing all the hoopla about the book and movie I really want to read them.. The movie will be out on DVD by then! Hee Hee!
I read them and powered through all three in a matter of two weeks. Now I can't wait to see the movie!
I love The Hunger Games books and went to see the movie with my book club. I thought it was very well done. I heard they are starting filming on the second movie this fall. I love the colors in your first shot and am surprised there was no one there. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with Tones on Tuesday!
Post a Comment