Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Breakfast Picnic

Sunday night, after a particularly long weekend run, I was seriously craving donuts. I'm no health freak, but I try to watch what I eat. I regularly (ok, every night) eat dessert, but figure with all the running I do it all balances itself out. So I don't buy things like donuts. I am weak when it comes to things like that...so if it's sitting in my house I will put it in my mouth. And then I'd have to share it with the kids. ;) But I had run long and hard, and Billy was all too happy to go grab half a dozen donuts from the Krispy Kreme that is conveniently open at all hours of the night.




That next morning, knowing the kiddos would spot the leftovers, I preemptively decided to plan a little morning fun for them. It was a beautiful day, so I decided we'd have a "breakfast picnic" with donuts out on the back deck. We have picnics a lot out there, but never for breakfast...and never with donuts. I got serious awesome points with the hooligans for this one. It was even better than the time I bought Swiss Cake Rolls I think, and that was epic.



As you can see, Merrick even dressed up for the event with his clip-on tie. Kidding...he wears those ties all the time now. So the picnic had nothing to do with it. He even tried to make me wear one to Walmart the other day. I somehow barely managed to escape without one, but I'm afraid that might not be the case next time. ;)

3 comments:

Janna Lynn said...

You've got the cutest kiddos! I love his little tie...and I'd totally love to see you rock it. Haha Oh, I like your porch, too!

Unknown said...

Those sweet faces make me smile. I am so glad we don't have a Krispy Kreme by our house. I just love them and can't help myself when they are around.

Hugs~

4 Lettre Words said...

Yummmm...and what a great idea!