Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Craftiness

Just a little snippet of some fall craftiness we did the other day. I didn't have the right kind of paint, or probably the right kind of leaves...but we did the best we could with what I could scrounge up.


The kiddos (well, mostly Tirzah) loved it. Merrick only crafts anything for so long before he has to answer the call of his inner Spiderman. He was there one minute, and the next I look up and he's wandered off and is perched on the railing like a gargoyle. Typical.


We had a few issues with paint in the hair, paint on the pants, and paint everywhere but the paper...but I think in the end we got a few good masterpieces for the mantle. When Billy saw it his response was, "So how many of those did they actually make? And how many did YOU make?" In their defense, I only made about half of them. ;) The ones the hooligans made came out looking more like paint spills than leaves...but when it comes to art, just slap the old "abstract" label on it and you're good to go.


4 comments:

*Jess* said...

you are a brave, brave mom :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

What a great idea!!!!! Now I just need to find some leaves!!

In Everything said...

ohhhh!! I like that!!

4 Lettre Words said...

What a fun (and beautiful) idea!

P.S. LOVE the color of paint on your walls.