Friday, September 6, 2013

Back to School...Back to School

So this week we've finally had to relinquish our hold on "summer", be responsible folks, and start school. I never started school before mid September when I was in school, so I wasn't really in any hurry to get the kiddos started.
I think I just didn't want to give up my one last summer break, and was a little intimidated to actually dive into teaching two kiddos. Yeah, yeah, some people have taught more than that at a time, but I double dog dare ya to try your hand with these wild animals. They make enough noise and chaos for at least 3 kids each. And then you have the hulk on top of it.
He sure is cute, but he needs to be unconscious for me to get anything done. So typically we do our work in the afternoon during his super-awesome nap. (He's always been a great napper.)
Merrick is officially in Kindergarten this year, as you can see from the gang sign he's throwing in the above picture. (I said earlier this week that those cutesie "first day" signs just don't seem fitting in the case of the hooligans...gang signs though? Probably.)
The above picture was taken on Wednesday. This was the day where we learned to sit still while maam takes a panorama. Kidding kidding, we did learn some other school-type stuff. ;) They are pretty good at "freezing" when a picture is involved though. Maybe if I pretended I was taking pictures all the time they'd actually sit still?
With the hooligans being in school now, and me not feeling like I can waste time going to the gym or running after they are awake for the day, I've been seeing a lot of the road before sunup. It's cooler, which is nice, and I'm still half asleep, which is also nice. Your half-way through your run before you realize what is even going on. Win win. Their school work really only takes about an hour or so of actual sitting down time, but I still feel like we needed to have a little something more of a schedule in place. Ya know...responsible adult and all that.
The above picture was the day we learned to shoplift. Kidding...that's not part of our current curriculum. ;) I had taken the kiddos to Target to look for a few school supplies, and turned around and noticed they were doing some shopping of their own. And also, they were leaving a trail of shoes. Glad I noticed Jericho had lost a shoe before we drove off. Those things are expensive.

As our first week of school comes to a close, it's been a few parts fun, a few parts stress, a few parts "is it Christmas break yet?" Ok. Right. I'm the mom now. Don't tell them Christmas break is my favorite part of school. ;)

No comments: