Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lucky

I'm not much of a believer in "luck"...but I figured I'd dedicate this special 999th blog post on this here blog to one couple whose wedding my sisters and I were able to shoot last weekend. It ended up being a rainy day for their wedding, which in relation to my title, is supposed to be good luck. I don't know about all that, but I do know that a couple who starts their marriage off by washing each other's feet and praying together probably knows what makes a marriage last...and it's not luck.




These guys just seemed so comfortable and right for each other...even despite the change of plans at the last minute, moving the ceremony indoors...you could tell that they know what's important about their big day wasn't where they said "I do", but how they plan on carrying that promise out as they move through life together.



Another thing that stood out as we spent our day catching their memories, was the support and smiles of their families. It is always a nice surprise at a wedding when you get to work with a family who just seems to stinking happy for their newlyweds. (No, it's not always a happy occasion...as a photographer there are those weddings...the ones where you kind of cringe at the family friction. Not the case here. It was such a great atmosphere.) We felt welcomed, and it was easy to join in smiling with these guys.



The two of them have left for their honeymoon, but I have a feeling from watching them together on that "lucky" day, that it's going to be a long time before the honeymoon is over. Wishing the happy couple the best, and many more years of washing each others feet, and never forgetting "they do".


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats to them.. And such wonderful photos my friend.

Hugs~