It seems like this Fall has gone straight to cold really fast. These pictures I took not so long ago would show bare trees if I took the same shots now. Sad, since I'll miss all the colors and that last little bit of warmth you find in the sunshine. (I hope that will hang around a bit longer, but I'm not keeping my hopes up. I already feel the S.A.D. nipping at my heels.)
I'm kidding...a little. But the sight of trees with no leaves, and everything kind of taking on the color gray definitely does get to me after about, oh, 2 days. I just get kind of gloomy. I'm trying to keep my chin up this year, but the struggle is real people.
I think winter's one redeeming quality is that it makes Spring coming back around again that much more amazing. Every year the warmth and color coming back into the world just makes me feel so much better. I remember running outside this Spring and just smiling like an idiot because of all the flowers and bright green leaves. Maybe one of these days I'll move to a part of the country where this is the case year round, but for now I'm just gonna go add a few layers to my outfit. ;)




1 comment:
I think I suffer from SAD, too. And I feel the exact same way about the leaves. They were barely on the trees this Fall.
Post a Comment