I tried to take a few pictures of the hooligans amidst the Christmas decor. Too bad doing so removed most of my Christmas cheer. ;) That picture in the Christmas ball? Ohmyword. This will be the last year I try that. (I also think I said that last year. I know I did. But it's just so funny. I mean look at Jericho's head. It's even bigger than usual.) I took about 40 shots, and that one up there? THE ONLY one that all 3 of their heads were pointing the same direction and no one was crying. No, I'm not exaggerating. Ask Billy.
The picture about turned out a little better. Maybe because it's really hard for them to look any direction but up when laying on their backs with me standing on their legs so they don't roll away. (Prettymuch.) I do love that Jericho liked to say "cheese" now, in pictures. It shows off all his gap teefers.
Billy decorated the outside of the house for us. Jericho is smitten with all the lights. His first word was "light", and it's still his favorite, and so now he has SO MUCH to talk about. Christmas lights are everywhere...so as a man of the fewest words, now he's never short on conversation starters.
Since Billy decorated the outside of the house, the older two hooligans took it upon themselves to decorate the inside of the house. I got back from a run, and these lights were strung up across the living room between the plug and the upstairs balcony. We have since convinced them to relocate their set of lights elsewhere, because I knew it was only a matter of time before it crossed Merrick's little mind to use those lights in a Tarzan-esque move that will surely break something.
Last night I had put out some cute little candy canes in a festive Christmas container by the door. (I hadn't really intended on eating them, since I'm not a fan, but I'm sure they will slowly disappear anyway as someone named Billy who will remain nameless will snatch them as he leaves the house.) I overheard Tirzah attempting to make the first snatch, and Merrick yelling at her: "No Tirzah! Those are only for customers!" Uhhh...what exactly does he think we are selling around here?
I'm really enjoying seeing Christmas through their eyes as usual. And putting things on their heads while we shop. Always. ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment