Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Gifted

Recently at church we've been doing a women's Bible study. It's been based on the book 1000 Gifts, by Ann Voskamp. I've always loved her writing. I cry about 90% of the time I read her blog. So I've really enjoyed the in-depth study, and the fellowship with people who don't need me to change their diapers.

It's been good to be reminded of how much grace I'm given, and how that grace shows itself in the many gifts (ones I may recognize, and ones I may never quite understand...good and seemingly bad) I've been given through no doing of my own. *deep breath* Nothing I did to deserve it...meaning nothing I can do to lose that same grace. Such a comforting reality.
Realizing this, this undeserved gifting of enormous grace, is fitting of the Christmas season. We are surrounded by lots of warm and fuzzy and glitter this time of year. But for all our talk of the "reason for the season" I think it's even bigger than we realize. It's not just about not being materialistic...it's about being wrapped up in grace. It's about seeing that grace and thanking Him for it. Seeing it in every one of the tiny moments that make up the seasons we walk through, gifted beyond what can be put under a tree or even always completely understood by our human hearts.

No comments: