Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cookie Monsters

Occasionally I get a whim. It's not easy to follow through with whims when you have 3 kids...especially if it involves going out of the house. In this particular case it did. The kids were troopers, though. And of course it started raining when we were supposed to get out of the car at the store. Never fails. ;)



We had decided to make some Christmas cookies for our nearby neighbors/landlord. Austin-Lee does not bake, so naturally these cookies are of the break-and-bake variety. It would also appear that this time of year is NOT a good time to get icing for said cookies, so after the wandering to several different sections of the store we were able to find mostly what we were looking for.


We got home and baked and decorated, and ate of course. Tirzah ate more icing than she used to ice cookies. The kids had some interesting designs...I'm hoping the neighbors appreciate modern art style Christmas cookies. I made sure to specify that they were hand-decorated by the kids. That way they don't realize that I decorated half of them myself and just am really that bad at art. ;)



No comments: