Monday, December 15, 2014

Dry Run

Last year we ran the Tacky Light Run...in the pouring down 40 degree rain. It was fun, sort of. What I could see of it through my poncho. The lights were so pretty, though, even in the rain. I remember thinking though that if it was raining this year I was going ot have to miss out on the Christmas lights.
Thankfully the weather was pretty much perfect this time around. No ponchos needed. It was chilly, but once we got moving we weren't even cold. There was lots of crazy people wearing sparkling antlers and chrismas blinkie things to distract you, as well. The lights in the neighborhood we ran through were all out, too. These people know how to tacky up a house.
This time the kids were there waiting at the finish line with my mom, so naturally they confiscated all the blinkie Christmas paraphernalia we had aquired from our race packets and along the run. Said blinkie things blinked all the way home from the race and literally gave me about 46 heart attacks thinking we were being pulled over by the cops.
I think next year, we may even drag them along with us. Merrick asked could he run it with us next year. (Although 4 miles might be a bit much for him. And do I really want to take 4 kids on a 4 mile run in the dark? Kinda.) Obviously half of them would be in a stroller...and then I'd have to borrow another stroller and make Billy push it for the other half of them. So maybe I should discuss this with him first. But I've got a whole year to talk him into it.

No comments: