Wednesday, December 24, 2014

New Traditions

Christmas is pretty full of traditions. All families seems to have their own...some more than others, and some a little stranger than others. I'm not typically big on traditions, but I know that growing up some of the things "we always did" are some of my favorite memories. So I'll work on this for my kids' sakes. But that said, they weren't a fan of a "new tradition" we tried to start the other day.
We bundled them up and took them to get donuts in their PJ's. We thought our costume wearing children would love going out in their pajamas to get sugared up. Nope. They kept asking us why we would do that to them, and told us they were embarrassed. Little hypocrites. ;)
Once we got the donuts back home, though, it was a different story. They wanted to know when they could have more.





Of course some of us didn't eat donuts. She has fancy milk to drink, minions. And then it's time for her nap, where you better not forget to turn on her vacuum.

After we ate all those donuts we all worked out together, except for Fancy Pants of course. (I know I know, what is wrong with us...but we love it, and the kids think it's a big dance party in the living room.) So I guess if you have a tradition of eating donuts, at least you follow it up with a good family sweat fest. Next year, if this tradition continues, we might just have to skip the pajamas since it was so traumatic, and go in our superhero costumes.

As Christmas day gets closer, I hope you and your family enjoy many meaningful traditions and lots of time together. Thanks for following along with our family through another year! We are grateful for each of you! :)

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I think its a great new tradition!