Friday, December 5, 2014

Evergreen

"Cuz, honey, your soul will never grow old. It's evergreen."
This time of year is always a mix of weary and fun for me. I don't like the gray, cold weather, (it may seem dramatic, but it really wears me down emotionally and physically) but I do love Christmas. I was listening to a song the other day that included the above lyrics, and it kind of reassured me in a way. So many things change with the seasons: myself, my kids, our circumstances, our location, our circle of friends, ideas and opinions, etc. I go through seasons I don't like, holding on for better ones, hoping to make it through with grace and strength.
A lot of times I'm afraid of the changes, the seasons, and of the maturing you can't avoid. But I think this made me realize that some things don't change. My soul is secure, and I know where I belong. The seasons can't wear it away, or run it out. The One who created the seasons is also the one who molded my soul, and He is the constant that sustains it all.

No comments: