We always do this when we get together. It's just one of the traditions. Some of us are a little more comfortable with it than others. Mom handles a gun like it has Ebola, but surprisingly doesn't do too bad with shooting it. ;) We were all just impressed that she was actually spotted on the family "gun range".
In my case, I think it never hurts to have pretty nails while you're shooting. It especially helps in figuring out where your fingers are when it's so cold out that you can't feel them. Ok, maybe it wasn't that cold...but it's hard to shoot when you're shivering. (But I did still take out that stale gingerbread house we used as one of the targets. We are fans of seasonal target practice as well. Thanksgiving was pumpkins that were past their prime.)
It was great to have the whole entire group together. We really know how to fill up a room. And pretty much the only way to get everyone in a picture anymore is with a panorama. (But who am I kidding, rarely do we all sit still long enough to prevent someone ending up with three arms in one of those shots.) Everyone ended up with lots of new Christmas swag and stuffed full of candy that mom dishes out in the stockings.
It doesn't matter really to me what day it happens...family Christmas is always a good time, with lots of laughing and yelling and shenanigans. I love having a large family, and being able to get all these crazies together at one time. Glad that we all live close enough, and can generally tolerate each other enough, to make it happen. Mom only usually has to break up a couple fights. ;)
Even though we've already celebrated, I'm looking forward to Christmas morning with my own pack of hooligans. If I've realized anything after having kids, it's the spending time together that makes a day special. But...I'm not going to turn down presents either.

No comments:
Post a Comment