Saturday, August 6, 2011

Future Vegan?

I got to do a session with a little guy yesterday at the park. He's turning one this coming week, and his mom contacted me to have some one year pictures taken for his birthday party.


She was in a big hurry to get them finished before his party, which had snuck up on her. The first birthday tends to do that, looking back on it. You turn around and all of a sudden your baby is turning one...where did the year go? Seems like the story of my life...so I totally sympathized with her.


He was a trooper, only giving me a few glares when we first started shooting. But he quickly got comfortable crawling and cruising like a pro and eating everything (and yes, I mean everything) he could get his fingers on. Sticks, rocks, seeds, leaves, grass, dirt...I think his mom may have a vegan on her hands. He seems partial to salads. ;)


It was fun to do a session like this, which I hadn't done in a little bit for all the weddings and summer busy-ness. Kids are so easy to shoot, in my opinion. (Some people think it's really tough, but I think it's just what I'm used to) No shyness or camera-phobia yet...they are totally themselves. (I have a panic attack in front of a camera, which is why it's usually pointed the other direction.) Hope this little guy has a great first birthday; I'm glad we got to hang out for a bit.


The last shot is my pick for The Paper Mama

No comments: