Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spiderman and the Independent Princess

My kiddos occasionally go through a phase where they like to dress up. They got some outfits from one of my sisters last Christmas, and occasionally pull them out and get silly. Spiderman here does exactly what you see in exhibit A: growl and yell and leap from tall buildings that are technically coffee tables where I'm trying to work.


The Princess does a lot of what you see in exhibit B, be dramatic and whine. Although yesterday the Princess said to me (in a low, growly voice) "I'm a pwincess!". Beware Prince Charming...this is a live one. She may be slaying dragons herself. ;)


They usually end up fighting when they dress up. Ok, that's normal whether they're dressed up or not. But Spiderman tends to chase the Princess a little too much, and well, like I said...she isn't your typical damsel in distress. She fights back. (I'm not-so-secretly proud of her spirited attitude, but it needs to be...contained a bit?)


I'm glad they have fun dressing up, I have a lot of memories of that as a kid and how fun "pretend" is. If I could just get them to somehow incorporate "pretend to get along for 5 minutes" into their story line...


Check out more shots at YouCapture. 
The last shot is for Texture Thursday.

No comments: