Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Shooting Heads

Late week I was asked by a friend of my husband (they used to work together) to take headshots for him. I was a bit panicked. I'm used to shooting drooling babies and giggly brides, not trendy guys who are working on their modeling portfolio. But I was flattered that he asked me...and was thinking it would be great for my portfolio.


It was actually really interesting shooting a guy...the posing and expressions are totally different from when you're shooting a female. Girls are pretty easy to shoot if you ask me...they want to look pretty. Being a girl I guess I know what poses would make me feel comfortable and attractive, but with a guy I wasn't exactly sure what would be weird or not ok. I did figure no pooched lips or flowers, however. ;)


He brought along a guy friend of his who is really interested in the fashion industry, so he was a great help with posing ideas and seeing things that I might have missed if I was just on my own. He knew way more about what to look for in a modeling portfolio, and had a lot of insight with the styling of the shoot.


I am really glad to have had the chance to do this type of shoot, even though I was reeediculously anxious about it. (I talk a lot when I'm nervous, which makes no sense because I'm a total introvert. I also make stupid jokes when I'm nervous. Thankfully people are kind enough to laugh.) I think the shots turned out great, and am looking forward to saying "I shot him first" when he's a famous Armani model. ;)


The last shot is my pick for Sweet Shot Tuesday

No comments: