One of our favorite stores had this old mantle that we kept eyeing when we were there. Finally, after thinking it was going to be snatched by someone else, we had some cash that tight wad Barron was willing to part with and bought it.
Admittedly it needs some work, but that's half the fun. We are going to use it as a headboard for our bed, and I can't wait to see the finished product. (If you haven't already GET A Pinterest account. Lots of inspiration over there. I waste many a nap time getting ideas for the house.)
I really like buying old junk and re-doing it. I guess it makes it more personal, and I love the unique look it gives to a house. It's stuff we've worked on together and invested in, so it makes it home. Kinda reminds me of how God feels about us...someone else might see us as Craigslist material, but He's just dying to get His hands dirty fixing us up to be what He knows is just under the surface.



No comments:
Post a Comment