Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Getting our Vitamin D

This week we had the opportunity to head out of the little cold snap happening back home, and traveled down to Florida. It's actually not a "fun" trip for my husband, who is working this week (which is the reason we are here). But I figured he really needed me and the kids to tag along and keep him company.


While he's been working, me and the kids (pictured above with one of their aunties) have also been working hard hunting lizards and perfecting our swimming techniques. (Ya know, the doggie-paddle, and the "help mom, I'm swallowing water".) While it all sounds like fun and games, I can assure you, the pool with two small children is not exactly relaxing, and lizards are really fast and chasing them is quite a work out.


We are enjoying ourselves, though. Just seeing palm trees, and temperatures over 80 degrees, makes me smile. The kids don't really care about those things, but every morning they wake up and check to make sure our pool is still there. I can't really imagine someone would steal an in-ground pool, but I guess you can't ever be too sure.


P.S. To answer a popular question: No cameras or small children were drowned in the taking of these shots. It might not have been the most brilliant idea I've ever had, but ya know I can't resist a good angle on a shot.

Check out more shots at Perceptive Perspectives, Sweet Shot, and You Capture
{The last shot is my pick for this week}

No comments: