Thursday, June 23, 2011

Personal Touches

As we moved into our new house, my husband and I tried to make a promise of sorts that we wouldn't just fill up the house with junk we don't want or like. I had kind of done that before at our old house, to the point where I really hated it. I was honestly embarrassed to have people over at our house because I really didn't like the way that it looked.


Maybe a bit shallow, I guess. But I think there are probably a lot of females out there who will understand what I mean. When you think your house isn't attractive, you feel a bit hesitant to have people come over. You feel like it's a reflection of who you are, and your personality. I guess this is the reason we go on cleaning sprees when someone says they're on the way over.


I want our home to be somewhere that I'm comfortable, and somewhere that I'm comfortable welcoming people into. I'm not saying at all that my stuff has to be expensive...I just want it to be "us". So we decided to make sure we took our time settling in and putting the personal touches on our new place.


I know most people really probably won't care if they come over and see crumbs in the kitchen floor, or a whole meal if Tirzah has anything to do with it. So I need to keep this in perspective and remember that it's not the end of the world if I have an ugly lamp in my house, or if our desk is a leftover from Billy's high school days. But I do want our hearts, and who we are, to be plain to see when people walk in the door. Which I guess means you'll probably trip over a toy or two, but we'll be glad to see you. ;)

The last shot is for Texture Thursday

No comments: