Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Year of New Stuff

I feel like I've been saying this all year...the "I had the opportunity to..." start to one of my blog posts. I guess I could call this year the year of new opportunities. A lot of it has been kind of unexpected, and kind of nerve-wracking, but kind of fun at the same time.


This time the opportunity was to do my first maternity session. Oh, sure, I've taken belly shots of myself, forced the hubby to take them of me, avoided taking them of myself because I felt huge, etc. But a friend from college recently contacted me and asked if I'd do a session for her as she's 29 weeks along with their first baby...a little girl.


I was so excited to be able to do it. It was fun to catch up with her and her husband. We wandered all over a local university and were able to get lots of great shots and had a lot of time to chat and catch up. I don't think my usual antics of climbing on and through things scared them too bad...they were really good sports and had fun together, which always makes my job easier.


I am excited for them as they get ready to meet their little girl. I'm also honored that they let me have a part in capturing this stage of her life! Best of luck to them as they become parents: one of the best new opportunities anyone can experience.

First shot is for Trendy Treehouse, Second is for Simplicity, Third is for Sweet Shot

No comments: