Saturday, June 4, 2011

Presents

So yesterday was my birthday. I'm pretty sure I said that at least once already this week. I'm sure you already are aware of my love for birthdays. This birthday, however, was kind of interesting. It didn't exactly turn out how I had planned. Cuz I didn't really plan on being stuck at home all day with a little girl with pink eye.


At first, I was pretty annoyed. I mean...really? Pink eye? I've never had pink eye, my kids have never had pink eye, I've never even seen but like one person with pink eye. I mean, what is it? But it's not her fault. And she's so cute, pink eyes or not, I couldn't be annoyed for but so long. (Well, after I got over the fact that she insisted on getting up at 5:30am because her eyes were stuck shut. Which to me, sounds like a good reason to sleep, but I guess not. ;)


During the course of this odd birthday at home with the kids, I realized, honestly, where else did I want to be? We had fun just watching TV, eating junk (It was National Doughnut Day, in my defense), napping, and spraying everything with Lysol. Turns out it makes the house smell really clean, even if it's not. (I need to remember that.)


So, moral of the story...the real presents are not always wrapped up in tissue paper. Actually they are little people who wake up at 5:30 and need you to wipe their eyes all day with tissue paper. ;)

Check out more shots at The Paper Mama.
(The last shot is my pick for this week)

No comments: