Monday, October 15, 2012

Free Loaders

I think, if nothing else, having an excruciatingly tight budget forces you to be creative in your activities. Last weekend, we took advantage of the "all you can carry for $20" pumpkin patch deal, and this week we discovered a completely free outdoor movie night for the kids at a nearby specialty store. I was pretty excited. I had wanted to do something fun with the kids, but this week there would be no spending of the cashes on the kiddos if we wanted to feed food to said kiddos, ya know? ;)


It was a little chilly, but as you can see they came prepared in their crazy hats. They fit right in; all the kids were wearing them. I even saw a Spiderman crazy hat, that thankfully Merrick didn't see or it would have been Armageddon. (I just need to point out I spelled that word without even using spell check. It's the little things, sorry.)



At this movie night they gave away free popcorn (in individual bags...which was obviously thought of by a mother, because to force kids to share would not have been conducive to anyone watching a movie), hot chocolate (only one burned tongue...Tirzah. It didn't stop her from lashing people with said tongue as usual, though), and face painting. No, Jericho did not eat the popcorn, but he did try.


It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad actually that we are learning to be creative on our budget. I always like to think that one day, when we are rich and famous (possibly due to Jericho's football career???) I'll be much more appreciative of the lessons I've learned while living paycheck to paycheck. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun night out. and those hats are too cute.