Saturday we decided to take the hooligans to have some official fall activity exposure. A nearby berry farm was offering an "all you can carry for $20" pumpkin picking deal. We decided Billy could probably carry a lot of pumpkins. I could probably carry a lot myself (I do carry Jericho all day) but I was carrying said pumpkin on my back. And that's all the carrying I was planning on.
The hooligans did end up having a great time running around the field, screaming at the vines that obviously tripped them on purpose. It was kind of like our own comedy show for the other pumpkin pickers. They picked a few of the pumpkins, Tirzah guarded our pumpkin pile, (Let's face it; she's the scariest.) and Jericho rode around drooling down the back of my shirt.
Billy managed to carry 9 pumpkins. I was so proud. Being that one single pumpkin cost anywhere from $6-$20 I'd say he carried our money's worth. The kiddos were pretty amazed, too. They were even more amazed by the "sharks" swimming in the pond near the patch. And by sharks I mean goldfish. Terrifying creatures. So amazed that both of them almost fell into the pond. That might have been ok though since they rolled in dust the entire time we were in the field.
The pumpkins made it safely back to the house and are all fall-festifying the front porch. I hope they live a long and happy life until the day after thanksgiving, when Billy will be forced to hang Christmas lights. A feat that makes carrying pumpkins look like fun. ;)







2 comments:
Looks like a fun visit even with the sharks:) But your commentary makes it come to life;)
Getting pumpkin fever;)
I loved hearing about your pumpkin adventure :)
Post a Comment