So I spent all this free time I have (read: none) writing this big long blog post about how we took the kiddos to the fair last weekend. For some reason it just "poofed" into thin air. So now I'm feeling not quite so chipper as I was the first time I wrote it. I don't even remember what I said the first time around. It's been a long day, y'all. But I DO remember that I said it was fun. And we managed to avoid the torrential rain we've had the last week. So many people assumed it would be raining that there were zero lines! The kids literally rode everything. Four times. It was definitely a blast.
Tirzah literally has no fear when it comes to rides. She rode everything she was tall enough to ride, and a lot of that stuff required a parent to ride with you. Her ride buddy has decided that next year we are taking volunteers on who wants to go with us so they can tag team riding with Tirzah. She is relentless and by the time she was done Billy was a pretty shade of green. He wasnt nearly as excited about fried oreos after all that spinning around.
Merrick is a little more timid on the bigger rides. He did ride a lot of stuff, though, and also spent about 30 minutes on those trampolines where they strap you on with giant rubber bands. He did plenty of flipping and scaring his mother. He was also so good about making sure his brother wasn't scared on any of the rides...he's such a good big brother.
I spent most of the day carrying stuff and waving at hooligans flying by on rides. But since I don't like fair rides that was perfectly fine with me...I grinned the whole time. Plus they get pretty upset if I move from my designated waving spot. If they can't wave to me then suddenly that roller coast is not ok. But I love it...I know one day they wont wave like goofballs and yell "I LOVE YOU!" every single one of the 400 times around the ferris wheel.
We always try to see if we can get a "best day ever" out of the kids. They say it a lot, but when they do we know we've done good. As we were leaving the fair Merrick said those three magic words, and it just made a fun day that much better. It sounds pretty cheesy...but there's nothing like watching your kids have fun. Hearing them say they had the best day ever, again, definitely means I've had one of those days too.













No comments:
Post a Comment