As a homeschooling mom of 4, sometimes it takes serious effort to spend one on one time with all of the kids. (I know, I'm home with them all day long...but that's not quite the same as spending quality time with them.) The older two get a lot more focused attention relating to school, but a lot of times Jericho in particular gets lost in the shuffle.
He was such a chill baby, that it was even easier to kind of let him do his thing and not have to worry about him. (Amaryllis as we all know, demands attention and doesn't care what you think about it.) As he's gotten a little older, though, I can tell he's needing more good attention by the amount of time he spends looking for negative attention if you know what I mean. (What sibling can I irritate to tears today?) So recently I've been trying to make sure and put genuine effort into just spending time playing with him.
The other day he asked me to play Guess Who? with him. (Superhero edition, of course.) So I wasnt about to say no. We played several rounds...most of which involved him not following any of the rules are even seeming to be aware there are rules to Guess Who?, but I think it was a success. I know one day this little big guy will be asking me for the keys to the car instead of asking me to chat with him every night before bed...so I think spending more time with him (and all the other hooligans as well) is a win/win. Even if I have to lose a few times at a board game.
No comments:
Post a Comment