Our church recently had planned to have a baptism service, which was open to whoever wanted to participate. We asked the kiddos if they wanted to do this, and if they understood what it meant, etc. They both said that they did, and were so excited about it. We spent a lot of time talking to the two of them and listening to their thoughts about the whole process. Kids have such an amazing perspective on things...and seeing them walk through this for themselves has been such a heart-renewing experience for me.
As a mom, there is nothing more you could want for your children than to see them grow to be people who love, people who are devoted and loyal to their friends and family and what they believe, and who see the bigger picture that exists outside of themselves. I'm so proud of these two kids. They have their struggles like we all do, and some days I feel like I'm failing them in so many ways, but hearing their hearts through this process has made me realize more than ever what beautiful souls they have. They love, and they care, and they get it...sometimes way more than I do. They love their Savior and the people around them, and they amaze me more all the time.
I am so honored to have been able to be a part of this, and to be able to walk beside them as they grow and learn. I know as a mom you always worry if you are doing right by your kids, giving them what they need, teaching them all they need to know, preparing them for the life ahead, loving them completely and knowing them better than anyone. I readily admit that I am not capable of doing this as well as I would like to, but I am so glad to have been able to introduce them to the One who can.






No comments:
Post a Comment