
The "Details": The labor story *I wont get gross no worries* as many people have asked to hear was very different from Merrick's. As many of you have read, I have been having alot of false labor and contractions for quite some time *about the last month*. I had been feeling much the same all day Thursday, so I payed little attention. It went on all day, finally getting bad enough contractions for me to actually wonder a little at around 6:3o pm. I told Billy not to rush, but just to get home from work as soon as he could in case. I finally called the Dr at around 8:30 pm, and they told us to come on in just to be safe. We showed up at the hospital by about 9:30 and the nurse told us that I was already 8 cm dilated. They started getting the room ready for her delivery, and the Dr came in a few minutes later. They finished giving me the epidural, and by the time I got all situated they said I was ready to start pushing. *super fast compared to Merrick's 20 hours labor* I almost passed out with the epidural, they had to give me oxygen and some blood pressure medication, kinda scary. But after only 4 pushes she was here! It was so great to finally see her. We are so blessed to have her here. Please do continue to keep praying for us, though. We are still trying to get used to our Tirzah, and I'm having a really rough time recovery-wise. They found out I had a wet tap with my epidural, which is giving me a monster headache and light-headedness if I sit up for too long, and I have a backache that just won't quit. *not sure if that is from the epidural also, or just labor in general* Kinda struggling with staying optimistic during all this. I'm just having to lay around while other people help take care of my babies. Pray for quick healing for me, and also my attitude to stay positive. We would really appreciate it! Hope everyone is doing well. :)

1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your labor story!! Glad it went well!! 4 pushes is GREAT!!
I just wanted to encourage you to "hang in there"... TrY to enjoy all the help you have!!
My postpartum with my 2nd child was by far the hardest!! I was a mess... LOL... emotionally and physically. I had terrible "afterbirth" pains for days after I delivered. And I just longed to feel "normal"...
Remember that this is a stage. And give your body a break and a rest! And when you can, enjoy the sweet newborn that will look more grown in days!!
And when you're about to SCREAM out of frustration over something minor (but BIG at the time)... thing about all the God has blessed you with!!!
Praying for you!!
Post a Comment