Wednesday, July 22, 2009
The Boy Who Cried Wolf Poo
We were advised by many people NOT to attempt to potty train Merrick before Tirzah was born. We had hoped to not be using twice the diapers when she made her appearance, *it seems we spend more money on diapers than food :)* but decided to wait a bit. He didnt really seem to be quite ready for it anyway. He was happily going through diapers right and left. :) Lately though he's been starting to tell us when he needs to be changed. He'll come up to one of us and point to his diaper and say "poo". We were thinking we were on the road to potty training. There is one little problem with this: We were so proud of him and praised him for letting us know, so now he lets us know that he has "poo" even when there's definitely NO poo. So I think we'll keep up the double diaper duty for a bit longer, and wait until Merrick stops crying wolf poo and is tired of those diapers. :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're kid is so cute. Wish I could MEET HIM! And your little lady for that matter. Have I told you that I love his hair long like that...so cute.
I really hope you guys can make it to my wedding celebration. Britt and Janna can't...and I'm about heartbroken over it.
Praying for you, girl. Hope you're still healing up! LOVE
Potty training is one of those things that I have determined are "better late than early". I attempted a potty training thing last year with Jaylen, which worked, and she was completely potty trained......for a month. She slowly started having more and more accidents until after a few months was completely back in diapers. It would have been a lot less work for me if I just hadn't tried it in the first place. She is mostly potty trained now, although we still have our struggles.
Post a Comment