Since Tirzah's arrival, I've kinda been out of the picture when it comes to the normal daily routine around here. For a week now, Billy has been doing an awesome job of being Mr. Mom, to Merrick
and Tirzah. We have never done "housework" in the same manner as each other. I fuss and worry over well-balanced meals and making sure the house is clutter free. Billy is of the mindset to just eat what's in the fridge, and let Merrick ransack the house and clean it all up at once, instead of constantly cleaning through the day. We both get the job done, but it's a learning experience for me to sit back and let him take care of the house. :)
I am so thankful for a husband who is willing to help out around the house, and with the kids. He's already changed more of Tirzah's diapers than I have. He takes good care of
me, too. I would have been lost without him this last
week four years. Here is an example of a meal by Mr. Mom. Cheez-its with mashed potato dip:

Sounds gross to me, but Merrick seemed to love it. :) Seeing as I did this while fixing Merrick's breakfast, maybe it's a good thing he is in charge of the housework for a bit:

I didn't realize that a measuring spoon had fallen into our toaster when I made Merrick a waffle for breakfast. It stunk up the whole kitchen, and killed our toaster. Oops. I think I'll just blame it on hormones for now. ;) I'm so blessed to have this guy.

2 comments:
LOL...
Gotta love the creative meals Daddys put together... ummm, that was the first Cheez-ITs and mashed potatos I've seen though:) At least you know your leftovers are being use:)
It's always great to see how spouses complement each other and step up to each other's roles when needed!! Praise you Austin Lee for not fussing too much about the messes and understanding the difference... that's a great task for a postpartum woman... lol
OH!! I liked the new pics in your header:)
Post a Comment