Monday, August 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home

There are lots of pictures, as anyone who knows me knows, of my hooligans. There just aren't many pictures of my hooligans with me. Since I'm the one always taking the pictures. There are times, however, that I manage to get at least part of me into a picture with one of them. Here is a picture of *us girls* earlier today:

The theme for the week at...

...was "Nostalgia". At first I decided
I was going to skip this week because I was too tired to feel the least bit creative. However, after piddling around with this picture of me and Tirzah...I realized it might be nostalgic, in a way, for her. No, I'm not pregnant anymore...but as Tirzah reminds us nearly every night when she cries for us to hold her, she seems a little homesick for where she used to be. She can be wailing and crying, and all I have to do is put her next to me and she's asleep. I think this is a bit of God's sense of humor getting back at me for complaining about how unsnuggly Merrick always was. I'm trying to get the joke through the sleep exhaustion. :)

For You formed my inward parts;
You knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
--Psalm 139:13-14--

9 comments:

Hayley said...

So precious!

Carmen said...

Beautiful picture, this makes me feel nostalgic. I miss those days with my babies...

Marla said...

Beautiful - We are so blessed to have photography. What a great photo for your child to have.

Anonymous said...

This is a picture that your baby is going to cherish in years to come. It's a priceless shot.

Teapots & Robots said...

What a precious picture! It makes me think of my little ones when they were in fact, that little! It goes by too fast.

Rebecca said...

perfect choice for nostalgia. there's nothing that i miss more than holding my little babies as infants. it goes by too fast. beautiful shot!

Carly said...

You have a beautiful baby! Great picture.

Anonymous said...

I love it! What a beautiful picture. :o)
Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Carolyn Ford said...

Beautiful and one to keep forever!